Sitter Safety Course
for 6th, 7th and 8th Graders!
Online registration will open on Wednesday, September 6th at 10:01 p.m. Online payment using Visa, Mastercard or E-Check is due at time of registration.
# of Participants Per Session:
Each session is limited to 20 participants. First come-first serve...so register early! You may register for any of the sessions.
Class runs from 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Please pick up your child promptly in the front of Weston Middle School at
- We will no longer accept mailed or walk-in payments at schools or at the WYS office. ALL payments must be made online; you will have the option to pay with a credit card or pay by check online via our secure site.
- Full payment of program fees must be made within twenty-four (24) hours of registration. The system has been set up to automatically delete unpaid registrations after twenty-four (24) hours. When a registration has been deleted due to non-payment, a system-generated email will be sent stating:
"This is a notification that the registration for (registrants first name and last initial) has been deleted due to non-payment on (date and time that registration was deleted).”
$ 75.00 (includes all course materials, final exam, and guest speakers). Financial Aid is available; please contact Charlene Chiang-Hillman, Director of Social Services, at 203-222-2663 or email email@example.com.
Weston Middle School, Room # F-5 (Health Room)
Once a class starts, we cannot issue refunds or credits.
If a student is dismissed for disciplinary reasons or withdraws from the school or program, the student forfeits the entire program fee.
There are four 5-week sessions to choose from:
Session I: Wednesdays: October 4, 2017 - November 8, 2017 (no class on November 1st)
Session II: Thursdays: January 11, 2018 - February 8, 2018 (Revised due to snow day on 1/4)
Session III: Wednesdays: February 28, 2018 - April 18, 2018 (Revised due to snow day on 3/7,21)
Session IV: Wednesdays: April 25, 2018 - May 23, 2018
You may register for any of the sessions!
Each course will cover the following:
• American Heart Association (AHA) First Aid Certification along with Hands Only CPR
• Infant and Toddler Child Care
• Emergency Situations, including a visit from the Weston Police Department
• Child Development and Behavior
Each session will include a visit from a member of the Weston Police Department, an EMT volunteer, and/or a child psychologist.
There are three requirements to pass the Sitter Safety Course in order to receive a certificate:
1. Completion of attendance at all 5 sessions (unless parents notify course instructor)
2. Completion of a written final exam.
3. Supervised baby-sitting In-Service Project with the return of completed questionnaires.
If you have any questions, please contact Charlene Monn, Program Coordinator, Weston Youth Services, at
203-222-2586 or email: